I purchased different kinds of batteries and connected them to a motor and timed how long they lasted.
Some of the least expensive batteries had the best value.
My Hypothesis was that the battery that cost the most would go the longest because companies make us think that if we pay more we will have a better product.
1. Buy batteries at the dollar store.
2. Buy batteries in large packs.
3. Buy batteries on sale.
Best value per hour
1. Sunbeam Alkaline (Dollar Tree)
2. Kirkland Signature (Costco)
3. Sunbeam Super Heavy Duty (Dollar Tree)
4. Panasonic Carbon Zinc
5. Panasonic Alkaline Plus
6. Duracell Coppertop (Smith’s)
7. Energizer Max (Smith’s)
8. Enercell Alkaline (Radio Shack)