Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Family Match!

With the pictures (and others) I found for this display, I made a Family Match game.  It is so much fun to play with the kids, and makes a great Sunday activity.  You can match picture to picture, like normal Memory, or you can match husband to wife, or for even some of the people we can mathch an old picture to a young picture.

I want to have a pedigree chart on hand so we can also test our skill at creating a picture pedigree with our cards.  Someday I plan to create an info card for each individual so that when we make a match we can review a few details about our ancestors.

I have the ancestors' names divided into 4 different colors for my mom's side, my dad's side, my husband's mom's side, and my husband's dad's side, so that if we want to focus on a specific line, it's easy to divide the cards.

I created a grid in my word processor (MS Word), then imported the pictures and added names.  I used that same template to make my backs which say "Family Match!"

No comments:

Post a Comment