Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How to Make a Barbie Bed Tutorial


I was so happy when I found Barbies with permatards!  Why did that invention take so long?  I don't really mind Barbies, I just don't like them when they aren't wearing any clothes! 

So, my daughter received her first Barbie for her 4th birthday.  I thought my daughter might play more with her Barbie if Barbie had some furniture.

I remember that my mom made me a Barbie bed when I was a kid.  Thought that might be a good place to start.

While searching around for ideas I found this funny blog:  Froggy Princess and the Darbie Show.  I was cracking up.


Supplies:
Scrap wood
Staple gun
Batting
Scrap fabric
Jigsaw
Drill
Screws
Scrapbook paper
Modge-Podge or Elmer's white school glue

Here's what I did:

1.  I used a scrap of a 2" x 6."  It must have been about 14" long.

2.  Then I stapled some scrap batting to the wood (not covering the head of the bed because I wanted to put on a headboard).

3.  Then I stapled some scrap fabric over the batting (again, not covering the head of the bed).

4.  Then I found a small scrap 1" x 2" and screwed it into the bottom of my 2" x 6".

5. Then I cut out my headboard with my jigsaw and modge-podged my scrapbook paper to it.

6.  Then I screwed the headboard to the head of the bed.

7.  Then I made some really stylish bedding.

8.  Goodnight Barbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment