Tuesday, April 6, 2010
How to Make a Barbie Bed Tutorial
I was so happy when I found Barbies with permatards! Why did that invention take so long? I don't really mind Barbies, I just don't like them when they aren't wearing any clothes!
So, my daughter received her first Barbie for her 4th birthday. I thought my daughter might play more with her Barbie if Barbie had some furniture.
I remember that my mom made me a Barbie bed when I was a kid. Thought that might be a good place to start.
While searching around for ideas I found this funny blog: Froggy Princess and the Darbie Show. I was cracking up.
Modge-Podge or Elmer's white school glue
Here's what I did:
1. I used a scrap of a 2" x 6." It must have been about 14" long.
3. Then I stapled some scrap fabric over the batting (again, not covering the head of the bed).
4. Then I found a small scrap 1" x 2" and screwed it into the bottom of my 2" x 6".
5. Then I cut out my headboard with my jigsaw and modge-podged my scrapbook paper to it.
6. Then I screwed the headboard to the head of the bed.
7. Then I made some really stylish bedding.
8. Goodnight Barbie!